Two Wells Public Library
|Type of organisation:||Community Service|
|Also known as:||Two Wells Library|
|Street name:||Old Pt Wakefield Rd|
|Town or locality:||Two Wells|
|Established by:||District Council of Mallala|
|Business or purpose:||Library Services|
On 8 June 1983 the Two Wells-Mallala & Districts Community Library was formally opened at the Two Wells School by Mrs Joyce Batty. The school council named the library building `The Alan Young Building' and invited Mr Young back to unveil the plaque commemorating the occasion. In 2007 the library was relocated from the school grounds, to the former Two Wells Institute building.
The new Two Wells Public Library is sited within the historic Two Wells Institute where library services in the Two Wells-Pt Gawler region first began in 1878. The library is the result of the Community library at the Two Wells School disbanding.
The new library was officially opened in May 2007 and has become a valuable resource for the community, allowing improved public access to the renovated Two Wells Institute.
The library has community artworks on display.
The library has a variety of resources available including free use of two computers to access the internet. Membership is free.
The Two Wells and District Family History Collection includes many resources which may be useful to researchers and is available on request.
The restored reading room is available for library patrons to use and for organizations to access for meetings.
The Two Wells Public Library is the main library for the service in the District Council of Mallala area, but small branch libraries operate in Mallala and Windsor.