Rotunda at the Mallala Museum
|Type of thing|| Personal
The Rotunda was initially used as a shelter for the Mallala Croquet Club, which was located in what is now the Children’s Playground at the Mallala Oval Complex.
We believe the club closed during the early years of World War Two.
In the mid 1940’s the Mallala Bowling Club was formed and the Rotunda was later donated to the Bowling Club for its members to use
In the year 2000, the structure was donated to the Mallala Historical Society and repositioned to the Mallala Museum to preserve its heritage.
Memories of Rotunda at the Mallala Museum
Mr Reg Jenkin formerly of Redbanks remembers "that in 1946 he spent a year attending the Mallala Primary School and living with his Aunt across the road from the Croquet ground. He can remember Mr Alf Huxtable playing croquet at that time"