Reeves Plains Primitive Methodist Church
|Also known as:||Reeves Plains Methodist Church|
|Town or Locality:||Reeves Plains|
|Used for:||Church Services and Religious education|
In 1873 the Church was built by people of the Primitive Methodist faith on land next to the Reeves Plains School with the first service in September of that year. Sunday School commenced the following year with an enrolment of 33 children but with an average attendance of twelve.
Following Church Union in 1900 the building became a Methodist Church.
The Sunday School closed in Novenber 1936 and the final service of the Reeves PLains Methodist Church was held on 30 October 1938.
The church building was demolished in 1948 and some of the material was used to build additions to the Red Banks Methodist Hall.
The land was donated to the Reeves Plains Tennis Club.