Drs John and Jeanette Linn
|Type of person|| Family
|Date of arrival||1953|
|Principal occupation||Medical doctors|
|Date of departure|| 1969
In 1953 Drs John and Jeanette Linn bought the Mallala medical practice.
Dr Jeanette Linn continued her studies while in Mallala and was awarded the degree of Doctor of Medicine in 1978.
These two doctors worked arduously and continuously for the district and the hospital for 16 years. During their term in Mallala the St John Ambulance was formed, the Committee for the Ageing was commenced, seven units for the aged were planned, and an X-ray machine was bought.
Drs John and Jeanette Linn instigated the move to form a St John's Ambulance Brigade in Mallala and worked tirelessly for the brigade. They also organised the first pharmacy, which was established in Adelaide Road
- Mallala Museum research notes