St Malachys Catholic Church
|Town or Locality:||Mallala|
|Type of organisation:|| Religious
|Street name:||Wasleys Road|
|Town or locality:|| Mallala, South Australia
St. Malachys Catholic Church, located on the corner of Wasleys road and Elizabeth street, was opened on the 9th. November 1882 and consecrated by Bishop Reynolds.
The stone for the building was carted by Mr. H.A.Judd.The building was enlarged in 1913 to accommodate the growing congregation and the renovations improved the appearance of the church.
All the church windows are dedicated to the memory of the pioneers of the congregation.The furnishings carry plaques naming the donors.The building is well painted and is in an area of shrubs and trees. The property was enhanced when the fence was renewed, and the retaining of the original gates is significant in recognising the wonderful history of the building.
- Mallala Museum research notes