Now and Then is a community heritage wiki website created and maintained by the people of Mallala and district, South Australia. You are welcome to join and share your knowledge, memories and stories of Mallala and district. Create your account and join in!
- 1 Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find the stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
- 2 News from the Museum
- 3 Mallala Museum receives a new grant
- 4 Mallala District News
- 5 Mallala Museum Blog
- 6 Mallala Sports News
- 7 Then and Now 2 Wasleys Road
- 8 Mallala Museum on YouTube
- 9 Mallala Museum is now on Facebook
- 10 What's new on Now & Then
- 11 Most popular articles
- 12 SA Community History News
- 13 National Library News
- 14 Visit other Now and Then sites
- 15 Ex Military Service Personnel 1895-1916
- 16 Find and share our historic images
Click the colored pins on this interactive map to find the stories in this wiki. Try zooming in or out, shifting the view to see more, or switch between the map or satellite view.
News from the Museum
Mallala Museum receives a new grant
The Mallala Museum has been succesful in seeking another grant to upgrade our facilities and displays. A grant under the History SA’s Community Museums Program was received for the design and the development of the Concept Plan Stage 2 of the Museum. Our initial concept plan, developed by Peter Templeton Design, saw the transformation of the South, Mill, and Paintshop Galleries. The Stage 2 concept will deliver designs for the Transport, Agriculture, Schoolroom and Upstairs Galleries, completing the museum precinct.
Funding from the grant will also complete the Transport Gallery according to the developed concept.
The members of the Committee are again guided through this planning stage by the illustrations and plans of the talented designer Peter Templeton.
Mallala District News
- Mallala Works Depot
- Mallala Council celebrates 75 years since amalgamation.
- Festivals Australia Grants
Mallala Museum Blog
- Now and Then Wiki Community websites get server upgrade
- Further improvements at Museum
- EMAC building
- On the move
Mallala Sports News
Then and Now 2 Wasleys Road
Read the complete story here
Mallala Museum on YouTube
Mallala Museum is now on Facebook
What's new on Now & Then
- Cullen Chair
- Reo Fire Engine
- Two Wells War Memorial
- Reeves Plains Methodist Church
- The formation of the Mallala and Grace Plains branch of the Australian Red Cross
- 2a Adelaide Road
- 7 Wasleys Road (see Jubilee General Store)
- Korunye Railway Services
- Windsor Cactus Garden
- First Port Gawler Council Chambers
Most popular articles
- Dublin School (32,048 views)
- Shannon Methodist Church (24,493 views)
- Feltwell Cemetery (24,114 views)
- Mallala School (22,829 views)
- Korunye School (21,870 views)
- Barabba School (19,941 views)
- Teddy Bear (18,149 views)
- Long Plains School (17,231 views)
- How to use this wiki site (16,519 views)
- Reeves Plains School (16,067 views)
SA Community History News
- National Grant Funds for South Australian History
- Barbara Rowney: A Passion for Textiles
- Tour of Queen Adelaide Room - Adelaide Town Hall
National Library News
Failed to load RSS feed from http://trove.nla.gov.au/forum/external.php?type=RSS2: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Visit other Now and Then sites
Ex Military Service Personnel 1895-1916
An initiative of the Two Wells RSL, for the Adelaide Plains Council District and surrounding areas, to remember and acknowledge those who served and those who paid "The Ultimate Sacrifice"
The project records the details, service history and images of all from the area, who are known to have served since the Boer Wars.
The Mallala museum holds these records and invites you to check that they are complete and accurate. Any omissions will be gratefully received to be added to the collection
Find and share our historic images
Join us on Flickr to find more images of Mallala's history and share your own! Mallala Museum on Flickr